Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Technique Tuesdays-Mincing Garlic

I thought it might be a good idea to start a weekly post on different cooking and baking techniques. Every Tuesday I plan to post on a different technique that has really helped me make my dishes tastier and easier to execute. Please let me know what you think or if there is anything you would like me to address in upcoming posts.

Here goes the first post!!

A Tip on Mincing Garlic...

When mincing garlic or anything that you want to be super small so that the taste is infused but you're not getting a bite of it on your fork, try using a pinch of salt and dragging the flat part of your knife across the garlic and salt in between mincing to crush the garlic. Because the salt acts as an abrasive, you end up with a nice garlic paste. Remember to keep the tip of your knife down on the cutting board when mincing; it'll help you keep all your fingers intact!


I typically use this technique when adding garlic to dips, guacamole, and quick sauces.

No comments: