Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Killer Heath Brownie Sundae

There is no other word for this dessert than decadent. The brownie base is ooey-gooey deliciousness topped with creamy and refreshing vanilla ice cream. As if that isn't enough, homemade fudge sauce blankets the ice cream while fluffy, homemade whipped cream and Heath chips give this sundae an amazing finishing touch. The whipped cream and brownie recipes have appeared previously on The Happiest Belly; find them by typing their names into the search function on the upper right side of this page. See below for the fudge sauce recipe and assembly instructions.
Serves 4

Ingredients:
Four fudge brownies (with Heath Bar chips mixed into the batter)~ search the sidebar for my recipe
1 pint french vanilla ice cream (I love Edy's Slow-Churned)
1/3 cup Heath Bar chips
3/4 cups chocolate fudge sauce (recipe below)

3/4 cups whipped cream (search the sidebar for my recipe)

Easy Fudge Sauce:
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup heavy cream

Fudge Sauce Assembly:
Heat corn syrup and heavy cream over medium heat until warmed through. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Microwave to reheat.

Sundae Assembly:
Microwave each brownie in a bowl for about 25 seconds. Top with ice cream, warmed chocolate sauce, whipped cream and Heath bits.

4 comments:

keila said...

Oh my word, this looks heavenly. I'm sure my children will love me forever if I make this for them for our Sunday dessert. :) Thanks for sharing!

The Happiest Belly on the Block! said...

I served it to friends who were visiting from Japan, and they were big fans :) I thought it was just about as American a dessert as you can get (except for apple pie!).

The Veggie Mom said...

This recipe is evil, but I love it. I also love your blog. I have some awards for you over on my blog. Check them out.

http://www.myveggietable.com/2010/03/award-season.html

The Happiest Belly on the Block! said...

Veggie Mom~ Thanks so much for the awards! How do they work? Can I cut and paste onto mine?

Love your blog, by the way! I'm going to pass it along to my mom~ she loves vegetarian cooking. Can't wait to try your corn chowder recipe!