Monday, October 4, 2010

Rasberry-Pecan Crumble Bars

I'm back! I've been a negligent blogger these past few weeks... I thought I'd come back with one of my favorite dessert recipes. It's buttery and crumbly with tart raspberry preserves running through the middle. My husband asks for these all the time! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Yields: Approximately 24 bars
Ingredients:
10 oz. rasberry preserves
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 sticks of softened, salted butter
3 egg yolks + 1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup pecan chips

Assembly:
Grease a 9x12 baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar, then add the egg yolks (one at a time) and vanilla. Mix in the baking powder and flour on medium-low speed. Press half the dough into the bottom of the pan. Spread the raspberry preserves across the top (you may need to microwave the preserves if you had them in the refrigerator). Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the preserves and sprinkle with pecan chips. Bake approximately 30-40 minutes and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.

No comments: