Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mmmmm....fudge and mint!

This is an adaptation of my basic brownie recipe that I use all the time. You can reinvent this recipe a million different ways, from adding raspberry jam to making a peanut butter/cream cheese topping that bakes right into the brownies. It's one of my husband's favorite desserts and is a great base for a sundae. It's so easy to make that it was the first thing I cooked after coming home from the hospital when my daughter was born.

Fudge Mint Brownies














2 cups butter at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. Creme de Menthe
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup Andes mint pieces

Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and Creme de Menthe. Add dry ingredients and mix. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle with Andes mint pieces. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Mint and chocolate are my favorite combinations. btw I clicked a few of your google ads for you. Hope you can do the same for me.