Thursday, May 19, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

I am a huge sucker for banana bread! It's funny, since I'm not a big fan of bananas themselves. There's just something about the crunchy exterior and the moist, sweet interior that have me reaching for seconds, then thirds... My sweet little two year old is obsessed with chocolate chips (generally hateful towards bananas), so I've sweetened the pot by adding them to my go-to banana bread recipe (I had to scrap the pecans since my sweetie won't go near them). The result is good enough to be called dessert!
Yields: 1 loaf

Ingredients:
1 stick plus two tablespoons of butter
2 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cups sugar
2 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 overripe bananas
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup toasted pecan chips (optional)

Assembly:
Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Cream butter and sugar over medium speed. Add the bananas, vanilla, sour cream and eggs, continuing to mix on medium speed. Sift in the salt, flour, baking soda, and baking powder, mixing to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with pecan chips (optional). Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: