Monday, January 10, 2011

Ginger-Soy Fried Rice

I love, love, love fried rice. When my husband's out of town, it's one of my go-to recipes (just like the salmon recipe below). It's great because it stores well and uses ingredients that I always have on hand. I may change up the veggies and play around with different proteins, but it's always delicious!

Serves 2-3 as a side

1 cup of cooked sticky rice (cooled completely)

1 egg

1/3-1/2 cup of the poaching liquid from the salmon recipe below

1/2 cup diced veggies of your choice (my favorite combination is green onion, mushroom and red pepper)

2 tbsp. vegetable oil

Assembly:

Heat a wok (or a large saute pan) to high. Add oil then the veggies. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add the rice and break it apart with a wooden spoon then crack the egg into the wok. Quickly stir the egg, vegetable, and rice mixture to combine. Add the liquid and stir. Serve immediately.

No comments: